Have you ever walked through a rose garden, admiring the long-stemmed beauties brandishing thick thorns?
Shades of pink, crimson, yellow, and white captivate your eyes. Have you ever stopped to smell the roses? Breathed in their signature scent; a sweet and floral fragrance so unique that the scent is described by the flower's name. Have you ever dawned a pair of rose coloured glasses for days you need to see past the strange, complexities of the world we live in? A sensational, though metaphorical, way to see the beauty in your every moment.
While many believe that roses are overrated, thanks to years of mediocre romcoms and centuries of melodramatic poems, there is a reason they remain the world’s most beloved flower. More than a delicate gift paired with a romantic gesture, roses have a long history of medicinal health benefits. Rosehips (the accessory fruit to the rose plant) and rose petals are infamous for their floral aromas and traditional health and beauty benefits.
We have researched 10 significant health benefits of roses:
1. Rosehips are rich in Vitamin C, which helps support tissues in your body and supports healthy skin.
2. Rose Petals carry antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help heal cuts, scars, and burns. They are known to help prevent and treat infections and soothe sore throats. Rosehips are also recommended to assist with helping relieve menstrual pain.
3. Rosehips are the queen bee of anti-aging flowers. They are known to boost cellular regeneration, reduce inflammation, and help heal scarring to support healthy, glowing skin.
4. Rose Petals have a history of carrying antidepressant and antianxiety properties.
5. Rosehips carry a revitalizing combination of nutrients that support and improve the immune system. They are known to help cleanse the respiratory tract, clear mucous congestion, and protect against diseases.
6. Rose Petals hold strong anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritated skin and reduces skin redness.
7. Rosehips are good for healthy muscles and strong bones.
8. Rose Petals are high in antioxidants which helps with powerful cell protection.
9. Rosehips are a natural energy booster.
10. Rose Petals are known to help soothe the digestive system.
This Valentine’s Day, rather than gifting your honey a dozen red roses, think creatively with rose-infused wellness products. Face masks, foot creams, essential oils, or teas (we recommend Rocky Rose No. 52, Mamma Mia No. 42, and Midnight Magic No. 51 Tea by iLOLA Tea Discs) infused with roses are beautiful, thoughtful, and purposeful gift ideas.
Because truly, the gift of everlasting health is the gift of love.